EJM Designs Limited Blog

Monday, August 24, 2009

Monday's Inspiration: What You Use It For

A yellowed, frayed piece of paper has hung from our fridge for years. It is my wife's and she had it for years before she met me. She reads it every morning. Sometimes I forget it's there. Here it what it says:
This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind. Let it be something good.

I can't say there's much disagreeing with that sentiment. We have to realize every day that that there is great work to be done in one way or another. And we have no room to complain if we have not done our absolute best. So today, just today, do that; be the best - in interpersonal interactions, in business, online. I think you'll find it's addictive.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. That's a great quote and I see the value in reading it every day. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading! I dare say it was you who inspired me to put together a schedule - and odd coincidence that I chose inspiration for Mondays. But I guess it just follows as what we all need to get the week going.

    ReplyDelete