EJM Designs Limited Blog

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Twitter Headlines Wednesday: Gaming, Lists, and CSRs



Twitter

Okay folks, let's make this quick. I've got to get to my DVRs of Heroes (yeah, I'm still doing that), CSI: Miami, NCIS, and V.

Looks like the mass integration of every social media interface to every other social media interface is almost complete. I've got my Tweetdeck pushing to Twitter and Facebook, my Linkedin linked in to Tweeting, and my ping.fm as the one site to rule them all.

And along comes Microsoft and Sony. Facebook and Twitter for everyone! (Okay, so the PS3 still lacks Tweet capability but I'm sure it's only a matter of time.) My biggest question is: Who wants to pause a battle with a Big Sister (reference to forthcoming Bioshock 2 - yay!) to txt a tweet about how you're going to have to reload your last save file? Interesting integration, but not sure how well it'll be received.

Twitter's doing some things to refine the lists process. Biggest complaint I have on the lists bit is: You rolled this out when I had almost 1000 followers? Now I need to categorize them? Argh.

Here's something happy about how a company can use Twitter to make customer service that much better.

And on the side: some sports pros angered their coaches, everyone's goofy over "New Moon" (Read some Anne Rice!), and something about Lady Gaga. Or something.

Until Next week, hold on to your Tweets! (or let them go, and if they come back they love you; if they don't, it was never meant to be.)

2 comments:

  1. Eric,

    I think Twitter lists are a great alternative to things like #FollowFriday. I have many that I keep private, and some that I've made public. It is a bit cumbersome to have to manually add people, one by one, to a list.

    I'd love to be able to do things with Twitter as bulk operations: bulk delete direct messages, bulk add people to a list, bulk block idiot spammers and those who annoy me, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Daniel. I agree: Hungry for the bulk.

    ReplyDelete