EJM Designs Limited Blog

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Googling Out Tech Thursday

I'm a Google addict. I admit it. I use Gmail, Google Apps for my website email, Google Voice for my local number, and I've got a Google Wave invite coming from a friend as soon as Google gets on the stick and plops it in my inbox. I even occasionally drop Firefox for some Chrome browser time. So today we'll just talk a little about Google.

I just mentioned Google Chrome. How about a Google Chrome OS? "What's that?" you ask.



That's what that is. And today they open sourced Chromium OS a year before the OS is targeted for release. Sheesh!


If image search and vision technology are your thing, check out this info on Swirl, Google's new Labs pet that groups visually similar images. Sweet.


And while I could write thousands of words on Google stuff I'd like to close today that those of you waffling between iPhone and Android (Palm Pre's pretty sweet too, guys!), hold on to your panties. Reports this week reignite the hopes we all had what seems so long ago and it appears Google and HTC are Wonder Twin Powers activating a Google Phone. For reals. But what does that mean for the Droid?

No comments:

Post a Comment